Dr. Thiel von Herff LL.M.
Dr. Carsten Thiel von Herff is the owner of the law firm Thiel von Herff | Lawyers and one of the leading compliance experts worldwide. His clients include well-known international companies and public-law institutions. In addition, he has been acting as ombudsman/lawyer of trust for selected companies and associations for many years.
In addition to antitrust and competition law as well as sports law, the focus of his work is on implementing compliance solutions so that companies can meet the legal and social requirements placed on them.
Dr. Thiel von Herff has more than 15 years of worldwide experience in the field of anti-corruption and worked for Siemens AG for many years as a company lawyer. During this time, as a manager, he helped develop and implement the compliance program. After the successful completion of the project, in December 2008 he was appointed the world’s youngest general manager at Siemens AG.
In addition to antitrust and competition law and sports law, the focus of his work is on individually implementing best in class compliance solutions so that companies of all sizes meet the legal and social requirements placed on them. Thiel von Herff also advises companies on investigations.
Graduations with honors
• Doctor of Laws with a criminal law subject
• Master of Laws (LL.M.) in international law, politics and economics in Lund/Sweden
• US Patent Systems and Methods for Providing Compliance Functions in a Business Entity
• Lecturer at University of Krems /Austria
• Award TOP business law firm
• Award TOP compliance law firm
• Award Best Compliance Lawyer